Friday 20 January 2017

Bees and Productivity


Today I am thinking about the bees and their purpose. I am thinking about how I wish I was that confident in myself, my abilities, and my tasks. I feel that as human beings we have essentially lost our purpose. As one species we should have intersecting ideas of what it means to be alive and what is important. However, there are now millions of different ideologies and theories laying out a life that is supposedly superior. I never feel superior. I feel so much lesser than people who grow up without a schooling environment and learn early on that you have to do constructive things with your time but in a natural way. You have to feed the goat, you have to help dad chop wood, you have to rake the yard and water the plants. All of these things have such specific and direct purposes. When I sit in school I feel like I am playing a waiting game. No one leaves class and immediately starts applying everything they’ve learned into their day. We are waiting for future assignments to think about it and utilize the material. We are waiting even for a job in the future to apply it to. I feel like I am missing an education that demands the utilization of the material right when you get it. Bees don’t wait around to get pollen or to drop it off. They are constantly doing task after task that have direct and immediate impact. I want to practice this in my everyday life and especially in my life at school. I do not want to wait until I have an active job to be active about what I'm learning. I want to be active the moment after I’ve learned something and see how I can apply it to whatever I am doing that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment