Wednesday 11 January 2017

Photos


The photos I have shared here reflect my visceral and magical experiences here that cannot be described in words. I love looking at, smelling, and touching my surroundings. I love thinking about what has been made of these landscapes and what can be made. Or, often, how people can appreciate it for what it is and does all on its own. The pure joy that people get from their surroundings inspires me every day. The earth motivates people to get up and do what they do. Working hard in the garden all day is worth it because you're surrounded by what you love and you are helping what you love feel better. A huge note that I have taken from this experience is that our health is directly linked with the health of our environment. I am taking photos of beautiful compositions in nature because my experience here is about nature and living in a way of consciousness that never excludes nature from our decision making. It is always a factor and always an important part of our health and happiness. I want to feel grounded and linked to the earth. I want to support the earth so that I know it supports me. I do not want to be in a battle with the one thing that I know will always be there. Being away from my family and everything I know is incredibly difficult but I have chosen to turn to nature as a rejuvenating and comforting force.  



Walking down to beach
Looking up at water hole
Kate in water hole
Agape making fizzy juice (like kombucha but better)
Baby Goats on hill
Cliff rocks and plants
Kwao and Emanuel with bees
View from cabin at night with flash
In the sparkly ocean
Kwao and Melchizedek 
Cliff rocks and mountains
Ispy a kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment