Monday 23 January 2017

Eating and Lifestyle



So far I have accidentally eaten jerk chicken once and I ate fish this weekend when our tour guide named Lion cooked it on the beach. The jerk chicken made me sick and the fish was delicious. Other than that I have been eating vegan and I really like it. Jessica, who cooks for Agape and Kwao and their six kids almost every day is an incredible cook. She uses garlic, onions, callaloo, potatoes, plantains, cabbage, hot pepper, and curry and so many more that I cannot think of in this moment.  Most of their food comes from the Kingston market every Thursday. Everything is grown on the island except for garlic and onions occasionally. Agape also makes that is enriched with cassava and made with yeast, flour, salt and oil and sometimes honey (it is so good). Sometimes she makes a garlic basil spread to go on top.  I don't think about snacks because there are so many better things to do with my time and three wonderful meals a day is really all I need. The boys love oranges, jellies (young coconuts), pineapple, watermelon, and sugar cane as special treats. I especially love jellies. Sleep and the ocean are also absolutely critical parts of my time here. We wake up around 7:30 - 8 every day so I try to get to bed by at least 10. My down time consists of swimming, reading and walking and getting to know people which makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment