Monday 16 January 2017

Saying NO to Self-destruction!!

It is my 12th day here and I can feel my American lifestyle haunting me. My body has been formed in a certain way and I fear that I can never undo what has been done. Nothing about stuffing your body with chemicals and trash is okay. It does not mean you're a bad person, you're just doing a bad thing to your body. It isn't easy or simple to change your lifestyle and shift your thinking in a way that is not entirely influenced by the majorities opinion. We have to look in ourselves and feel our body on this earth and think so simply about what it needs. Water, movement, sun, food. Again, this isn't as easy or as simple as it should be because we are all stuck. I can feel my body dragging today more than yesterday. I can feel the bags under my eyes from all of the lack of sleep and attention I give to my body in school. I can feel my stomach and my thighs and my arms carrying all of this extra weight that shouldn't be there. I know I have made life so much more difficult for my body and I know it's time to figure this out. I don't want to be alone in this and neither do you. We have to work together to bounce back to a simpler, slower and happier life all together. The bee stings and scrapes and broken bones will hurt less if you have people to take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment